TESTING CALL CLOSED
The testing call is now closed. Thank you so much for your support! The Belize Shorts & Skort is now available in the shop.
Today it’s sunny, breezy and all-around gorgeous in my part of the world. And it is exactly this weather that inspired me to create the Belize Shorts and Skort pattern. The pattern is ready for testing now; I hope you are interested in helping out?
There are 5 views in total.
Here are some information about Belize:
- Elastic side and back waist
- Medium-length in-seam (4 7/8” to 5 7/8”, or 12 cm to 15 cm)
- View A: Pleated-front shorts with front pockets
- View B: Flat-front shorts with front pockets
- View C: Flat-front shorts with no pocket
- View D: Skort with front pockets and shorts back
- View E: Skort with front pockets and skirt back
Body and Finished Garment Measurements
Primary fabric Use lightweight denim, linen, poplin, twill, crepe and gabardine silk dupioni or other medium weight woven fabric with or without stretch. Use slightly lighter weight fabric for View D and View E.
Lining Use lightweight woven fabric such as twill, broadcloth or quilting cotton.
- 1” (2.5 cm) wide elastic up to 23 1/4″ (59 cm)
- 16” (41 cm) of 3/8” (1 cm)-wide bias fusible stay tape (or cut your own using lightweight interfacing. Be sure to cut it on the bias.)
I plan to start testing Saturday, July 23rd, and would like to receive your modeled photos with your garments by Saturday, July 30th. But as always, if there’s any important change to the pattern, we’ll extend testing as needed.
The chosen testers will be invited to private Facebook groups where we can discuss the pattern, share pictures and discuss revisions. I will send the invite/link to the email that you provide. So please make sure you enter the correct email in the application form.
In return for your time, effort, professionalism, input and participation, upon public release of the pattern, you will receive:
- A final copy of the pattern
- Feature you in a blog post that directs traffic to your blog/site/store/Etsy store
Please sign up using this application form if you are interested. Testing is one of the most crucial steps for producing a quality pattern. I appreciate your applying!