TESTING CALL CLOSED
The testing call is now closed. Thank you so much for your support! The Vientiane Skirt is now available in the shop.
The Vientiane Skirt is ready to be tested! Are you interested in testing? If so, please read on!
I think the Vientiane Skirt is great for the holiday season; I am wearing it with my brand new Hepburn Turtleneck. I am completely in love with my outfit.
Here are some features of the Vientiane Skirt:
- A-line skirt that flatters many body types
- Front and back flounces for a flirty style
- Wide contour waistband that sits at the natural waist for comfort
- Back invisible zipper for a streamlined look
- Option for side in-seam pockets or pleated patch pockets with flaps
- Option for lining or not lining the skirt
Body and Finished Garment Measurements
Primary fabric Use medium-weight woven fabric with or without stretch. Woolen, broadcloth, linen, crepe, lightweight denim and gabardine are good choices.
Lining Washable choices are cotton batiste and cotton lawn. For dry-clean garments, use Ambiance lining, polyester lining, China silk or charmeuse. Even if you choose to not line the skirt, lining fabric is still needed for the pockets.
Interfacing Use light-to-medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- One (1) 12” (30 cm) invisible zipper
- One set of size 1 hook and eye
- 12” (31 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape
- 1/8” (0.3 cm)-wide twill tape or fabric selvage as long as your waist (or your desired waist length)
- In-seam pockets only: 24” (61 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape
I plan to start testing Wednesday, November 9th, and would like to receive your modeled photos with your garments by Tuesday, November 15th. But as always, if there’s any important change to the pattern, we’ll extend testing as needed.
Please only apply if you are interested in the style of the pattern. You will not have the opportunity to modify the style of the pattern (though you may choose to do so at your own time after the testing period). If you like your garment any other way, please forgo this testing call and wait for the next style that interests you. You are expected to choose a size based on your body measurements and sew the pattern as written for the purpose of testing. Blending sizes (from bust to waist to hip) and lengthening/shortening are OK.
The chosen testers will be invited to private Facebook groups where we can discuss the pattern, share pictures and discuss revisions. I will send the invite/link to the email that you provide. So please make sure you enter the correct email in the application form. Also please make sure that I am able to view the sample photos you submit; if I am not able to view your photos (i.e., viewing requires special permission that I do not have), then I will move onto the next application.
Please sign up using this application form if you are interested. Testing is one of the most crucial steps for producing a quality pattern. I appreciate your applying!