Number of pattern pages: 13 (on A4 or Letter Size Paper)
Number of instruction pages: 10
See Lindy Petal Skirt Pattern Release Announcement for more photos
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your fullest hip measurements to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are in between sizes, pick the larger size if you like a looser fit; otherwise pick the smaller size.
- Compare your waist measurements to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your waist best. If you are in between sizes, pick the larger size if you like a looser fit; otherwise pick the
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. All you have to do is print the sizes that you need, and blend the lines from one size to the next from the waist to the hip.
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabrics that have similar thickness and stretchiness as your final garment fabrics.
Primary fabric Use medium-weight 2-way or 4-way drapey knit fabric with at least 50% width-wise stretch. For example, your fabric, when folded in half, should be able to stretch from 4" to at least 6" (10 cm to 15 cm). Matte jersey, jersey and ITY knit are good choices. Woven fabrics are not recommended.
- 1 1⁄2"-wide (4 cm-wide) knit elastic as long as your waist - you can go up to 1 3⁄4"-wide (5 cm-wide), but do not use narrower elastic
- Ball-point or stretch machine needles
- Walking foot for your sewing machine
- Serger machine
- Cover stitch machine to finish your hems
- Twin needles to finish your hems
- Wooly nylon threads to finish your hems
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.