Number of pattern pages: 26 for length options (be sure to print only the length option you need per the instructions)
Number of instruction pages: 26
See Pattern Release Announcement for more photos.
Finished Garment Measurements
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your waist. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size. Be sure to measure the narrowest part of your waist; these pants sit high at the narrowest part of your waist.
- Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are in between sizes, choose the smaller size.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. See “Blend Sizes” in instructions for details.
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the shorts (see instructions for details).
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabric that has similar weight, stretch and drape as your final garment fabric.
Primary Fabric Use bottom weight, woven fabric with a firm stretch and great recovery. 10% to 15% stretch is ideal. Fabric with less stretch creates more fitted shorts and vice versa. Stretch twill and stretch denim are great choices.
Interfacing Use medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- All options: 1/4” (6 mm) wide twill tape as long as your waist, plus 3" (7.6 cm). You can also cut your own from non-stretch, lightweight fabric selvedge.
- Fly front with zipper option:
- 5” (13 cm) or longer closed-end, metal or nylon zipper. Longer zipper will be easier to install.
- One 5/8” (1.6 cm) button. This can be a jean button or regular sewn-on button.
- Two 5/8” (1.6 cm) regular, flat, sewn-on buttons. These are concealed and not visible from outside of the garment.
- Buttoned fly front option:
- Four 5/8” (1.6 cm) buttons. These can be jean buttons or regular sewn-on buttons.
- Two 5/8” (1.6 cm) regular , flat, sewn-on buttons. These are concealed and not visible from outside of the garment.
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.