See Pattern Release Announcement for more photos.
Primary Fabric Use bottom weight, woven fabric with a firm stretch and great recovery. 10% to 15% stretch is ideal. Fabric with less stretch creates more fitted shorts and vice versa. Stretch twill and stretch denim are great choices.
Interfacing Use medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- All options: 1/4” (6 mm) wide twill tape as long as your waist, plus 3" (7.6 cm). You can also cut your own from non-stretch, lightweight fabric selvedge.
- Fly front with zipper option:
- 5” (13 cm) or longer closed-end, metal or nylon zipper. Longer zipper will be easier to install.
- One 5/8” (1.6 cm) button. This can be a jean button or regular sewn-on button.
- Two 5/8” (1.6 cm) regular, flat, sewn-on buttons. These are concealed and not visible from outside of the garment.
- Buttoned fly front option:
- Four 5/8” (1.6 cm) buttons. These can be jean buttons or regular sewn-on buttons.
- Two 5/8” (1.6 cm) regular , flat, sewn-on buttons. These are concealed and not visible from outside of the garment.
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.