Number of pattern pages: 37
Number of instruction pages: 24
See Pattern Release Announcement for more photos.
Finished Garment Measurements
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your waist. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the bust, waist and hip. (see instructions for details)
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the top (see instructions for details).
- These jeans are designed for fabric with a slight stretch. It is still possible to use a woven fabric without stretch; if that’s the case, go up one size at the waist and hip.
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabric that has a similar stretch, weight and drape as your final garment fabric.
Primary Fabric Use bottom weight, woven fabric with a firm stretch and great recovery. 10% stretch is ideal. Go up one size at the waist and hip if using bottom weight fabric with no stretch. Twill, denim and corduroy are great choices.
Lining Use a stable, non stretch woven fabric for the lining. Quilting cotton is a great choice.
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
- One (1) 8“ (20 cm) or longer metal zipper (this is longer than the fly opening for the ease of installation)
- One (1) jeans button
- A 12“ x 6“ (30 cm x 15 cm) piece of water-soluble or tear-away stabilizer
- One piece of 43“ (109 cm) long 1/4" (0.6 cm) wide twill tape or non-stretch fabric selvage (or clear elastic if you wish the waist to remain flexible)
- Topstitching thread
- Ten (10) rivets (optional)
- Size 14 or larger jeans machine needles
- Wire cutters and pliers (for shortening zipper)
- Hammer (optional for reducing seam thickness)
- Tailor’s clapper (optional for pressing and reducing seam thickness)
- 220-grit sandpaper and sanding block (optional for distressing)
- Walking foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Serger machine (optional)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.