Number of pattern pages: 29
Number of instruction pages: 23
See Pattern Release Announcement for more photos.
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your waist. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- Compare your hip circumference (fullest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your hip. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. (See “Blend Sizes” in instructions).
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the trousers (see “Lengthen/Shorten” in instructions).
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabric that has similar weight and stretch as your final garment fabric.
Primary Fabric Bottom-weight woven fabric with stretch (1% to 2% Lycra/spandex content)
Lining Lightweight non-stretch lining fabric (for pocket lining)
Interfacing Medium-weight fusible woven interfacing
- Two sets of 5/8’’ (1.6 cm) sew-on hook & eye closures (for waistbands on skirts and trousers)
- 4" (10 cm) or longer all-purpose plastic zipper
- 20" (50 cm) of 3/8" (1 cm) wide straight fusible stay tape (or make your own using lightweight woven fusible interfacing cut on straight grain)
- 1/4" (6 mm)-wide twill tape or lining fabric selvage as long as your waist plus 10" (25 cm)
- 1 1/2" (3.8 cm)-wide bias strip as long as your waist plus 10" (25 cm) (no pattern piece included for this)
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.