Number of pattern pages: 21
Number of instruction pages: 19
See Pattern Release Announcement for more photos.
Finished Garment Measurements
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your waist. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size. Be sure to measure the narrowest part of your waist; these pants sit high at the narrowest part of your waist.
- Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are in between sizes, choose the smaller size.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip (see instructions for details).
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the culottes (see instructions for details).
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabric that has similar weight and drape as your final garment fabric.
Primary Fabric Use medium weight, non-stretch woven fabric, such as twill, broadcloth, tropical wool, lightweight denim and linen.
Lining Use stable, lightweight woven fabric such as quilting cotton and cotton batiste. The lining is for the pocket bags.
Interfacing Use medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- Seven (7) 1/2“ (1.25 cm) buttons— These can be jean buttons or regular sewn-on buttons.
- 1/4“ (6 mm) wide twill tape as long as your waist, plus 3“ (7.6 cm). You can also cut your own from non-stretch, lightweight fabric selvedge
- 15" (38 cm) of 3/8“ (1 cm) wide straight fusible stay tape (or make your own using lightweight woven fusible interfacing cut on straight grain)
- 1" (2.5 cm) wide purchased bias binding as long as the circumference of your hip (or make your own)
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.