In case you want to jump to a specific topic, here's a list of posts for the How to buy, download, print & assemble PDF Patterns series: Part 1—Shopping cart Part 2—Payment Part 3—Download (this post) Part 4—Print at home Part 5—Assemble at home Part 6—Print at a print shop
Downloading your PDF Patterns
To download your pattern you may:
- Click on the download buttons you were taken to immediately after completing your order; or
2. Click on the download links in the e-mail you received after your purchase; or
3. Go directly to itch-to-stitch.com and log into your account
For options 2 and 3 depending on your browser and settings you may be prompted to log into your Itch to Stitch account using the password you created when making your first purchase.
On the My Account page choose the Downloads option.
Every pattern you have purchased from Itch to Stitch will show in the downloads section of your account. The downloads never expire so you can come back and download again in the future if you need! No need to worry about downloading too many times or running out of time to download the files.
You will see 2 rows for each pattern you purchased. One will be for a file called “Sewing Pattern + Instructions” which has the instructions as well as “print at home” tiles that can be assembled for the pattern pieces. The other will be a “Large Format Pattern” file which contains the pattern pieces only and is formatted to be printed at a copyshop on large A0 (33×46 inch) paper if you don’t want to assemble tiles at home.
Click the download button for the file(s) you need.
Now, depending on the web browser you use and what settings you have on your computer you may see different things when you click the download button…
- The file may begin downloading immediately in the background, saving to a downloads folder. In this scenario, you will just see a small progress bar under the “downloads” arrow icon in your web browser bar (it’s very subtle, but if you pay attention, it’s there).
Click on the “downloads” arrow icon and it will give you the option to open the file or go to the location where it saved on your computer.
2. The pattern file may open right in your browser window (or a new tab in your browser).
It’s very important to note that you do not want to just hit the print icon when the pattern opens in your browser. In order for the pattern to print properly, you need to download the pattern and open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader before printing. To do this click either the “download” arrow or the “save” button that shows at the top of the page. Depending on your browser, you may see this “download” arrow or “save” button in the top right corner or in the bottom middle of the screen. You will need to move your cursor toward the top right or bottom middle for the “download” arrow or “save” button to appear.
Choose the path where you want the file to be saved and click the save button.