See Pattern Release Announcement for more photos.
Primary Fabric Use bottom weight, woven fabric with a firm stretch and great recovery. 10% stretch is ideal. Go up one size at the waist and hip if using bottom weight fabric with no stretch. Twill, denim and corduroy are great choices.
Lining Use a stable, non stretch woven fabric for the lining. Quilting cotton is a great choice.
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
- One (1) 8“ (20 cm) or longer metal zipper (this is longer than the fly opening for the ease of installation)
- One (1) jeans button
- A 12“ x 6“ (30 cm x 15 cm) piece of water-soluble or tear-away stabilizer
- One piece of 43“ (109 cm) long 1/4" (0.6 cm) wide twill tape or non-stretch fabric selvage (or clear elastic if you wish the waist to remain flexible)
- Topstitching thread
- Ten (10) rivets (optional)
- Size 14 or larger jeans machine needles
- Wire cutters and pliers (for shortening zipper)
- Hammer (optional for reducing seam thickness)
- Tailor’s clapper (optional for pressing and reducing seam thickness)
- 220-grit sandpaper and sanding block (optional for distressing)
- Walking foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Serger machine (optional)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.