Calling for Testers – Davina Dress
TESTING CALL CLOSED
The testing call is now closed. Thank you so much for your support! The Davina Dress is now available in the shop.
Frankly I am not sure whether to design something for the summer now, or start to think about designs for cooler weather. My solution is to come up with something that is adaptable for different seasons.
And now Davina Dress is ready for testing. It’s a comfortable knit dress that can transition from the hot summer until the chilly fall. Are you interested to be a tester?
Davina Dress Features
- Graceful curved v-neck with a slightly-gathered front
- Waistband that sits high for a short-waist/long-leg look
- Feminine half-circle skirt
- Optional slash pockets that add interest and function
- 5 sleeve options: sleeveless, short sleeve, med-short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve
The bodice of Davina Dress is designed to be fitted. In fact, it has negative ease and the knit fabric stretches to fit the body for a very fitted look. Below the fitted bodice is a half-circle flare skirt to add a bit of twirl factor.
Body & Finished Garment Measurements
Use light to medium light-weight knit fabric with at least 75% two-way or four-way stretch. Jersey, matte jersey, interlock and very-light weight French terry are great choices. If you use fabric with less stretch, you may choose a larger size. Conversely, if you use fabric with more stretch, you may choose a smaller size. The same fabric is used to line the bodice. However, if your knit fabric is on the heavier side, you may choose to line the bodice with a lighter-weight knit fabric. Jersey and tricot are great choices.
2.5 yards (230 cm) of 3/8” or 1/2” (1 cm or 1.25 cm)-wide bias fusible stay tape
- Ball-point or stretch machine needles
- Walking foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Serger machine (optional)
- Cover stitch machine to finish your hems (optional)
- Twin needles to finish your hems (optional)
I plan to start testing Monday, August 17th, and would like to receive your modeled photos with the dress by Monday, August 24th . But as always, if there’s any important change to the pattern, we’ll extend testing as needed.
The chosen testers will be invited to a private Facebook group where we can discuss the pattern, share pictures and discuss revisions. I will send the invite/link to the email that you provide. So please make sure you enter the correct email in the form below.
In return for your time, effort, professionalism, input and participation, upon completion of the testing, you will receive:
- A final copy of the pattern
- Feature you in a blog post that directs traffic to your blog/site/store/Etsy store
Please sign up below if you are interested. Testing is one of the most crucial steps for producing a quality pattern. I appreciate your applying!
No comments yet.