Primary Fabric Use a 7 to 12 oz (237 to 406 gsm) stretch denim fabric with 20% to 25% stretch. You may use twill or corduroy with similar weight and stretch. See "Choosing Your Size" in the instructions if you are using a fabric with more stretch.
Lining Fabric Use a stable, non stretch woven fabric for the lining. Quilting cotton is a great choice.
- One (1) 6" (15 cm) metal or jeans zipper
- One (1) jeans button
- Two (2) jeans buttons for pocket flaps (optional)
- A 12" x 6" (30 cm x 15 cm) piece of water-soluble or tear-away stabilizer
- One piece of 43" (109 cm) long 1/4" (0.6 cm) wide twill tape
- Topstitching thread
- Nine (9) rivets (optional)
- Size 14 or larger jeans machine needles
- Wire cutters and pliers (for shortening zipper)
- Hammer (optional for reducing seam thickness)
- Tailor’s clapper (optional for pressing and reducing seam thickness)
- 220-grit sandpaper and sanding block (optional for distressing)
- Walking foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Serger machine (optional)
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.