TESTING CALL CLOSED
The testing call is now closed. Thank you so much for your support! The Liana Stretch Jeans pattern is now available in the shop.
Hi Ladies! I started working on these stretch jeans several months ago, but priorities shifted and this pattern was on ice for a while. Now finally this jean pattern is ready for testing, which I think is pretty good timing, considered that many of you are entering cooler weather. Are you interested in testing these jeans?
Liana Stretch Jeans feature:
- Options for skinny, straight and boot cut legs
- Mid-rise that sits higher in the back for better coverage
- Classic five-pocket design with optional back pocket flaps
- Pocket stay to keep pockets in place and trim the tummy
As the name says, the Liana Stretch Jeans use stretch fabric. Negative ease is built into these jeans and the fabric is meant to be stretched over the body. These jeans are designed to be sewn with bottom-weight woven fabric with 20%-25% stretch. Denim, corduroy and twill fabric with spandex are ideal.
Body & Finished Garment Measurements
Primary Fabric Use a 7 to 12 oz (237 to 406 gsm) stretch denim fabric with 20% to 25% stretch. You may use twill or corduroy with similar weight and stretch.
Lining Fabric Use a stable, non stretch woven fabric for the lining. Quilting cotton is a great choice.
- One (1) 6” (15 cm) metal or jeans zipper
- One (1) jeans button
- Two (2) jeans buttons for pocket flaps (optional)
- A 12” x 6” (30 cm x 15 cm) piece of water-soluble or tear-away stabilizer
- One piece of 43” (109 cm) long 1/4” (0.6 cm) wide twill tape
- Topstitching thread
- Nine (9) rivets (optional)
- Size 14 or larger jeans machine needles
- Wire cutters and pliers (for shortening zipper)
- Hammer (optional for reducing seam thickness)
- Tailor’s clapper (optional for pressing and reducing seam thickness)
- 220-grit sandpaper and hand-held sander block (optional for distressing)
- Walking foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Serger machine (optional)
I plan to start testing Thursday, October 29th, and would like to receive your modeled photos with the jeans by Wednesday, Nov 4th. But as always, if there’s any important change to the pattern, we’ll extend testing as needed.
The chosen testers will be invited to a private Facebook group where we can discuss the pattern, share pictures and discuss revisions. I will send the invite/link to the email that you provide. So please make sure you enter the correct email in the form below.
In return for your time, effort, professionalism, input and participation, upon public release of the pattern, you will receive:
- A final copy of the pattern
- Feature you in a blog post that directs traffic to your blog/site/store/Etsy store
Please sign up below if you are interested. Testing is one of the most crucial steps for producing a quality pattern. I appreciate your applying!