Number of pattern pages: 26 for each leg option (on A4 or Letter Size Paper)
Number of instruction pages: 19
Sew with me: Liana Stretch Jeans Sewalong
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your waist best. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. All you have to do is print the sizes that you need (see “Printing Instructions” and “Blend Sizes” in the instructions), and blend the lines from one size to the next from the waist to the hip.
- These jeans are designed to be made with denim or twill fabric with 20% to 25% stretch. If your fabric has more stretch, the jeans will be looser (and possibly be too loose). The general rule is to use one size smaller if your fabric has an additional 10% of stretch. For example, if your measurements fit size 6, and you are using a fabric with 35% of stretch, then use size 4 instead.
I highly recommend that you check your fit by making a test garment with fabrics that have similar weight and stretch as your final garment fabrics.
Primary Fabric Use a 7 to 12 oz (237 to 406 gsm) stretch denim fabric with 20% to 25% stretch. You may use twill or corduroy with similar weight and stretch. See "Choosing Your Size" in the instructions if you are using a fabric with more stretch.
Lining Fabric Use a stable, non stretch woven fabric for the lining. Quilting cotton is a great choice.
- One (1) 6" (15 cm) metal or jeans zipper
- One (1) jeans button
- Two (2) jeans buttons for pocket flaps (optional)
- A 12" x 6" (30 cm x 15 cm) piece of water-soluble or tear-away stabilizer
- One piece of 43" (109 cm) long 1/4" (0.6 cm) wide twill tape
- Topstitching thread
- Nine (9) rivets (optional)
- Size 14 or larger jeans machine needles
- Wire cutters and pliers (for shortening zipper)
- Hammer (optional for reducing seam thickness)
- Tailor’s clapper (optional for pressing and reducing seam thickness)
- 220-grit sandpaper and sanding block (optional for distressing)
- Walking foot for your sewing machine (optional)
- Serger machine (optional)
Most natural fibers shrink in the wash; be sure to have enough fabric. The requirements below assume that the fabric is already pre-shrunk.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.